Thursday, May 29, 2014

Amazing Grace

It has been over two years since I picked up a guitar and sang. So expect suck. I did it because I still can. I even wrote a new verse for the song. I think there are five, because I sang it at a friends funeral ten years ago.  Anyway, It will do, I don't expect practicing too much it takes too much energy. And that shirt that looks two sizes too big, it is and yes I just woke up from a short 10 minute  nap (fell asleep) and went and got out my guitar and tuned it. I already had the camera set on a tripod because I was recording something off the internet and don't have screen capture that I know of.

Update: "Here" should be "There" Second verse. Oh well maybe I was looking into the future.. Use head phones to capture bass, other wise sounds like I have a cheap guitar singing though my nose.


6 comments:

  1. Not bad for a rusty ol' codger.

    BTW, if you want to take a screencap in Windows, just press the 'Print Screen' button on the keyboard. This will store a picture of the entire screen on the internal clipboard. You can then paste this into an application like Word or email, or save it to a file by pasting it into Paint. You can also capture just the active window by holding down 'Alt' before pressing 'Print Screen'; this allows you to only capture what's in the active window without capturing everything else on the screen like other applications or the visible part of the desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the Alt thing so thanks. But what I am recording is "The Quest for Cancer" Episode 4 today now until 7:pm it is some really good information. There are 7 episodes and the last is June first Todays episode can be found at. You can get each episode from 7pm next day.

    http://links.mp2200.com/click/47963/28832339/43cd91260139fb219a980dd62923e2c6aee8c2a7/b176977c9eee461885a9ba4b3e4c270cc5168253

    Until 7:pm tonight. I'm fixing to record this one here in a minute. Check it out I have been very impressed. The link changes every day if you are not signed up, any one who wants the links through June 1st send me an email at ru4cowboys at gmail. That's my blog address and I'll send the link each day, it is free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A decent free application for capturing video of your screen is http://camstudio.org/.

    My sons always pick Amazing Grace for a bedtime song.

    Been praying for you, Outlaw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, if you're wanting a copy of a YouTube video, I've found Pale Moon (Firefox) with the DownloadHelper add-on works good for most videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black, I downloaded camstudio, it loads two more programs without asking you. But I found them by looking in my control panel for date installed. One was a computer optimizer and the other was a popup on the left side of your browser every time you load a new page. But that was easily taken care of by uninstalling them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Outlaw...misunderstood that you were capturing a momentary snapshot rather than streaming video.

    Good to know about camstudio, my thanks to Black also for that.

    ReplyDelete