Sunday, May 4, 2014

EMPW

Electromagnetic Pulse Weapon. I have seen it twice, the second time I stopped. There is a bridge across Lake Worth about 3/4 of a mile long. Within a half mile is the runway of JRB (Joint reserve military base). The first time I saw six cars stalled on the bridge, the second time I saw over a dozen cars stalled on the bridge coming home from work.

I decided to stop at the last car which was a Ford truck with a redneck climbed up on it under the hood.  I asked him what was wrong and he said it just died going down the road. I asked him if he had saw all the cars behind him with the same problem? He said I saw a couple and I told him to look. When he saw all them cars behind him on the side of the road he said and I quote: "What the hell is going on." I said I think EMP this is the second time I have seen it and stopped this time.

He had a tool box and pulled a plug and it wouldn't fire and I said looks like EMP to me and he asked what that was. I explained and pointed to the air force base across the lake. I told him that the bridge acts as a ground plane with all the rebar. Not to go into every thing I told him but he was pissed. The Tow truck drivers got some good business that day.

So you ask why am I telling this now? I am telling it because I read this story from a journalist that couldn't figure out why the radar and backup went out at LAX Wednesday.

Story: EMP

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't the ground be the ground plane and the vehicles there safe like the guys crawling on the high tension wires in Japan? The vehicles on the bridge would be away from the protection and see the potential between the signal and ground.

    Or, maybe, if it's a beam from HAARP, vehicles on the ground, in the path of th beam, are protected by shadows and the vehicles up on the bridge looked like cans on a log to the beam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an old Ham operator you get anywhere from a 3 to 12 db signal boost when crossing a long bridge. Both in receiving and transmitting. It boosts the signal because of the metal in the bridge acts as an antenna ground plane and the vehicle is the antenna insulated from the ground plane by the tires. My father explained it to me in detail once, he was an EE with Texas instruments that built military defense radar's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, legit explanation there. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete