Saturday, August 23, 2014

I was unaware.


Local

More Than A Thousand Stood Under Heat & Sun For Free Food In Miami

MIAMI (CBSMiami) — More than a thousand locals lined up Friday morning for several hours under the scorching sun and heat in Miami  for a box full of food.
The event located at the Central Shopping Plaza at 3825 NW 7th Street started at 9:00 a.m.
Participants got a box of free vegetables, meats and bread worth $100 until 12:00 p.m.–or until supplies lasted.
Those who didn’t want to stand in line could wait in their car for the drive-thru portion of the event.
Brittany Payne, a mother of three, stood in line for hours with her baby boy.
“It’s something I have to do to feed my kids,” said Payne.
Payne joined Miami residents lined up under the scorching sun and heat.
“It’s a blessing because if it wasn’t for them I couldn’t eat today,” said Payne.

If you can get people to stand in line for hours in scorching heat, in today's society, they are hungry. I haven't noticed any of this going on in my area. I guess Texas the mean conservative State actually has the money to feed the poor with a EBT card. The conservatives can feed the poor the compassionate liberals can't.

So shut up bitches.

1 comment:

  1. On the other hand, if you wait in your car with the A/C going for your free food, how hard up are you?

    ReplyDelete