Friday, September 12, 2014

Self aware dog

I was remembering my dog this morning while watching a story about dolphins. They think dolphins are self aware. Well I know my dog was unless I misunderstand the term.

My dog loved his bath. as soon as I pulled the shower curtian back he would leap in with his tail wagging. I used my removable shower head to give him a bath with, and Johnsons baby shampoo to prevent eye burn. I had to close the door to the bathroom as soon as he jumped in the bath because if I didn't he would jump out upon completion and go sprinting down the stairs and sliding into things all over the living room wood floors with wet feet. So I kept him pinned in until I got through towel drying him.

As soon as he got out he went wild and wanted out in the back yard and would run circles around the yard for about 5 minutes. When I let him back in he would go in the downstairs master bath and stand in front of the full length mirror on the closet door and spin around slowly looking, checking himself out. He was checking his good looking clean self out. I thought that was the funniest damn thing and I sure miss that dog.

In all the 10 Years I had him I never once took video of this behavior and wish I would have. I have seen dogs bark at themselves in the mirror but he knew it was him and that is why I say he was self aware and a bit vain. Never saw him checking out his teeth though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment