Thursday, October 9, 2014

If your urine looks like this

You Just might have cancer.


First time it happened it scared the crap out of me. All it is is the cancer tumor is out growing its blood supply and part of it dies and falls off. It opens a wound and blood and blood clots  fall into your bladder. This usually means very aggressive and it is called tumor necrosis. Well I say the only good cancer is dead cancer. This lasts for about two days, then it will clear up for about 4 or 5 days and repeat. I am used to it.

I show you this for a reason. They say you should have a colonoscopy when you turn 50. I was 49 and started crapping blood off and on and thought it was hemorrhoids. I awoke from the coloscopy figuring the doctor would say he took care of that hemorrhoid, but instead I heard you got cancer, that was 2011 and my life hasn't been the same since.

What I want to tell you is don't put off the colonoscopy at 50 because if they catch it as a polyp they just snip and weld. and come back in 6 months and see if it came back and if yes minor surgery is all. But if you like radiation, chemo and major surgery put it off.

It is completely painless. They wheel you in a room and you look up at the nurse at one point and say when do we start and she says we are through. The only bad part is the prep the day before. Just plan on staying in the bathroom all afternoon (find a book) and the major anal irritation that massive diarrhea causes. Other than that nothing to it, don't end up like me even though mine was six months short of my 50th it was pretty close. So get it done at 50 or at the first sign of blood.

A bit of Trivia: Did you know there are no nerve endings in the inner lining of your large intestine. The weirdest feeling was when I could feel the pull of the alligator mouth pulling inside while it was ripping out a biopsy after radiation and chemo. I did that part without anesthesia.

3 comments:

  1. You're still going to win. One way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to see the doctor yesterday afternoon and he told me twice, whatever you are doing, don't stop doing it. The first time he said it I just nodded my head, then as I was leaving he said it again with more force. Well I am doing an experiment so evidently he sees something in me at this stage I am at that is atypical and somehow knows I am doing something to treat my cancer and health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. You've convinced me. I'm calling my doctor on Monday to schedule the procedure. I turned 50 back in Feb. and have put this off long enough. Thanks for posting this. May the Lord give you comfort and healing.

    ReplyDelete