Sunday, October 5, 2014

I'm back and with a vengence

The medical system is playing games and I don't like it. I understand why my GP sent me to the ER and they put mein the hospital under observation. But the rest ends there. I have insurance and while I am under observation and not technically admitted I pay 15 % of everything they do otherwise I pay $250 after I've met my decutable and that's it. Well since I have been in thehospital twice in the last two months, one of which included monor surgery I learned their game. My insurance pays well and they do everything possible to keep me there as looooong as they ca. You see I am paying for all the people that don't and they hold me hostage. The Doctor was not going to release me and I had to stay another night because he couldn't get a hold of the urologist to make a follow up appointment for me. I told him I could do that the next day, just leave him a message I will be calling. I was doing fine and had no buisness being in the hospital.

He then went on to say that they wouldn't look good if they didn't have that appointment made before they released. I told him that is complete BS he is trying to keep me in the hospital and I am not paying for another day at the hospital for you to look good, I have no blood clot in my leg that you suspected and am leaving. He denied it was about money. So I finally said I am leaving whether you release me or not. He then tried extortion. He told me that I had a UTI (which I knew) and he would not call in the needed antibiotics if I leave. I said that's OK you try extortion om me and you will regret it.  I knew a doctor who came to see me in the hospital and told me they should release and if I needed any medicine to call him, so not like I was worried. I see that doctor on the 12th and am going to tell him about the extortion and see what he says. If it wouldn't have been for him coming buy they would have done an unnecessary intrusive medical procedure. He was the one that figured out what was wrong with me.

Anyway you won't find me at a hospital again unless I am unconscious, DOA or have a procedure scheduled. And thank you guys for the well wishes. Only by the grace of God will I make Christmas I believe. You should see my right leg, It looks like I am a NFL running back, swollen (Tumor pressing against Lymph system) twice the size as my left. Lymphedema I think they call it.

5 comments:

  1. Good grief, man...sounds like you've been through the wringer! Thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I'm praying for you. Is there anything else you would like me to do for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Res, I got a damn good family that helps me out. However there is one thing you could do for me and the world. Raise your kids to grow up like Outlaw and Res did, with the opportunities to to hunt and shoot and rural values in Christian atmosphere. Teach them how to pray, shoot and keep their powder dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was all ready doing that my friend. I appreciate the encouragement and I will keep on keeping on.

    Do the same brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll do that too, Outlaw. Of course I have all girls, but they will look for a husband that can shoot straight.

    ReplyDelete