Friday, June 6, 2014

Mr. Walls

I got a dang funny phone call today about 3:pm. The phone rang and it said "Private Caller" with no phone number. I never answer those. But for some reason I decided to, don't know why? I picked up the phone and this is how it went.

Me: "Hello"... Silence

Me: "Helloooo...."

Female Voice (timid): "Is this Mr. Walls?"

Me: "You got the wrong number"
(My TV was up loud and couldn't really hear that good so I flipped it to mute)

Me: "Did you ask is this Mr. Walls?"

Male voice in a semi angry tone: "Are there any Walls there"

Me: "Yes, I have lots of walls but no one here by that name." (His Voiced Cracked)

Me: "This is a crank call right? Call me up and ask if there are any walls in my house." ( I started laughing and hung up the phone)

Needles to say they never called back. I figure with private caller ID and two people on the same line they were looking for someone. I got a good laugh out of it, I have no idea what they thought. I am not bullshiting here folks, it actually happened. I guess amateurs shouldn't try to play private detective.

2 comments:

  1. Probably a bill collector. Someone may have given them a fake number and it just happened to be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking today the same thing while working in the yard telling my neighbor about it, when he came over. If I ever need to talk to him all I have to do is go out in the front yard and do some work he has to know everything that is going on in the neighborhood. Ever had a neighbor like that? He's funny and likable so I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete