Friday, April 25, 2014

Gorgons, Griffins and the Rhinoceros

All a sudden this year there multiple shows on monsters, ghosts and aliens. From Shadow creatures to alien to bigfoot. Never seen them myself. I think the wildest one is something called the "Black eyed children." It is almost like vampire stories where they can't come in unless you invite the. They knock on doors of houses and cars, ask to come in, either needing a ride or say they are hungry or something. There is always two of them of every story I have seen on the TV. If it is on the TV it must be true. I also like the shadow people stories. No one I have ever met has had an encounter with either.

Now these are documentaries on channels like the history channel or other similar channels. I think people like ghost stories because they seem to be popular documentaries. I think it is all BS myself. As you know I have been concentrating on the UFO Phenomena, now everything is wild. Mothman and monsters. What is it in the mind of men that not only brings the stories out, grabs their interest even though no one I ever talked to has ever seen such monsters. I have seen some weird stuff, but at the time I was on SSRI's, quit them things years ago. The withdrawal hallucinations were much worse than the actual ones I was having while on them.

LSD will do the same thing but with immediate effects. Never tried it, but know people who have. It is like dreams, you got no control over. Taking a drug, licking frogs or eating certain plants can do this as well. The question is why would anyone want lick a frog and see stuff that ain't there?

I think people are just bored of life because they can't see the beauty of a tree, the sky, clouds and God's nature. They are looking for something new and the amazing things that are real and right before us have become normalized and imaginations carry people away to the point that they would rather see hallucinations than the majesty and beauty right before their eyes.

I see this as a corruption of the mind. To plant a garden and watch things grow isn't good enough. Getting out the hoe and chopping the weeds and invaders which is a very healthy thing to do has been replaced with monsters and ghosts. There is a great delusion consuming the minds of men, They have become lovers of the secret places that don't exist and forgetful of the wonderful world that exists but looks as it shouldn't.

As GK Chesterton said:

“It is one thing to describe an interview with a gorgon or a griffin, a creature who does not exist. It is another thing to discover that the rhinoceros does exist and then take pleasure in the fact that he looks as if he didn't.” ...

" I freely confess all the idiotic ambitions of the end of the nineteenth century. I did, like all other solemn little boys, try to be in advance of the age. Like them I tried to be some ten minutes in advance of the truth. And I found that I was eighteen hundred years behind it."

1 comment:

  1. I believe that there is a reason that we are told to avoid φαρμακεία (Pharmakeia). I suspect that some of that reason is because it opens our minds to such things.

    ReplyDelete