Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Nurse

I got so many doctors, nurses and Techs it is hard to keep up with them all. Most all of them are very nice. But there is this one particular nurse I was talking with two days ago while she was taking my blood pressure and temperature. We were talking about things non-health. She paused a minute and said "I am kind of fond of you, don't die on me." I paused for a second and said. "We all die, I got one parent left, 4 grandparents that died, and they have 8 parents that died."

I said "everyone dies that has ever been and everyone will die that will ever be." "God himself died on the cross and was raised on the third day, don't fear death." I could see in her eyes she never thought about it from that angle, but knew it was true. I smiled and said, "When I die I will await the resurrection and we will see each other again."

Most people lose sight of the fact, death has no sting.

I am not a good writer, but I think I'll keep my blog. I see the main man tomorrow, my favorite doctor ever.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said. We all die.

    I hope your death is a long way off and that you recover from the cancer.


    Please consider putting a deadman switch on the blog so those of us who only know you from the net will be informed of your passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I see the main man tomorrow, my favorite doctor ever."

    Hope it goes well, that he has something encouraging.

    ReplyDelete