Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Morbid Hobby

I called a friend tonight is Mississippi. I was watching the Weather Underground radar from here in TX and told him to take cover. I had seen the debris ball and a tornado for sure on the ground. He blew me off. A little later he called me back telling me how the tornado tore up the trees and the police had all the roads closed off.

I was a storm spotter for years and took classes and I find I am vexed. I am constantly yelling at the TV telling them to call a tornado warning before the sirens go off here at home. 

So chalk another up for the amateur meteorologist who has personally seen the carnage and yes the deaths caused by tornado's. I have a love-hate relationship with bad weather.

1 comment:

  1. I hate bad weather, but it is fascinating. I am going to have to do roofing work for the third time in two years. I lost about 10 feet of ridgecap in the wind the other day.

    ReplyDelete